Insurance & Billing Information
At Tampa Bay Orthopaedic Specialists, we are committed to providing you with convenient and reliable billing services.
Pay Your Bill Online – You may now view or pay your bill online using our secure patient portal.
If you have billing questions, please e-mail pattyB@orthocareflorida.com.
Insurance & Managed Care Plans
Managed care insurance programs require patient and physician alike, to obtain referrals, authorizations or permission before a patient can be treated. We are pleased to have you as a patient; however, before we can treat you it may be necessary to comply with the managed care guidelines of your insurance company.
Your insurance company may require:
- Insurance referrals/ authorizations from a primary care physician (PCP)
- A co-pay obligation by the patient
- Prior authorization before surgery is performed
Common features of managed care plans:
Prior Referral Before Treatment
An increasing number of managed care plans require that you first obtain an insurance referral from your primary care physician (PCP) before being permitted to visit with us. These insurance referrals/ authorizations may take seven (7) days, or more, to obtain. Patients who see specialists without insurance referrals risk being 100% responsible for the costs.
Co-payments are the portion of the fee for services for which the member is responsible. Insurance companies believe that having the insured patient responsible for a portion of the total bill will affect the patient’s decision to see a doctor. Our contracts with managed care companies place upon us a responsibility to collect the required co-payments.
Being insured under managed care creates the responsibility of obtaining authorization from the insurance company before surgery or hospitalization. We are willing to assist in obtaining the necessary authorization.
- Automobile Insurance (PIP)
- Beechstreet Network
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield – My Blue-Advantage-65 Select-Blue Medicare HMO-Blue
- Medicare Group HMO-Network Blue-Blue Medicare PPO-Blue Medicare Group PPO-Preferred
- Patient Care-Payment for Professional Services
- Champus VA
- Coventry, First Health (Southcare & Mailhandlers)
- Focus Healthcare
- Great West –One- BayCare
- Health Partners
- Humana, Commercial, HMO’s, PPO’s, and POS
- Medicare, DME, Complete- Evercare- Railroad
- One Health Plan
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Provider Management Group
- Travelers Managed Care
- Tri -Care Prime
- United Healthcare of Florida
- United Health Care HCA
- United Health Care Student
- United Empire
- US Department of labor W/C
- USA MCO
- Workers Compensation
- Zenith Insurance